I swore I would never cut Tate's hair until he was at least a year old, but I was convinced otherwise by my husband. Tate's hair was starting to get a little long and thick in the back, thus giving him a mullet. So, I gave in a couple of weeks ago and gave him a little trim. It was simple, we put him on the patio table, David distracted him and I made some quick cuts.
Here is the before picture ("styled" for added effect)...
And here is the after....
Unfotunately for Tate, he no longer has hair long enough to hold on to while sucking his thumb. Now he holds on to his ear with one hand while he sucks on the thumb of the other. And yes, I did keep some of the hair in an envelope. It's not in a pretty ribbon-tied "lock" because there wasn't enough to tie together. And to the grandparents, I'm sorry we have no pictures of the actual haircut. You see, one of us kept the baby sitting still while the other was holding a very sharp object just millimeters from Tate's scalp. You'll just have to imagine it.
No comments:
Post a Comment