Thursday, July 9, 2009

Already?

toddler - A toddler is a young child who is of the age of learning to walk. between infancy and childhood.

It saddens me and excites me at the same time that Tate is entering toddlerhood. I wish I could keep my baby forever, but yet I want to see him grow. Fortunately, I don't have a say in the matter. ;) He is now crawling, pulling up, eating some non-pureed foods, talking up a storm, etc., etc., etc. And what really gets me, is when we go shopping, he is now no longer in the "newborn" or even "infant" section. To buy clothes 12 months and up you have to go to the "toddler" section. So sad.

I know those of you who see Tate on a regular basis may not be interested in all the pics of him, but I know his grandparents are! So these are for you. :)

Here he is gnawing on a teething biscuit.




Here he is eating dinner after waking from a nap. Notice the hand print on his cheek? Apparently, he slept on his hand. (That is not from a slap!)

He would rather be standing than sitting now.




Here I was trying to get pictures of him in his babylegs and he kept going for the camera.





I thought the lighting in this pic was neat. It was totally by accident...wish I knew how to do it again.




This is Tate's new face for the camera. He knows it's funny so whenever I get the camera out, this is what he does. (He's sitting on a John Deere ATV I got him at a consignment sale.)



Couldn't you just eat him up?




Tate and Finley discussing which toys to play with.


2 comments:

Pop and Mimi said...

It makes us so sad and happy too! We can't believe how fast he has grown. And you're right- we love to see each and every picture you post! Will he be walking by beach time??

The Reid Family said...

I miss you three so much! I hate that we are not there to pick him up and squeeze him. I love you guys and know that I too can't believe he's a toddler. :(