Friday, March 13, 2009

Tater was a rollin' stone...

Two weeks ago today, on February 27th, Tate learned the art of rolling over from his back to his tummy. Unfortunately, David and I did not get to witness this milestone. You see, we had put Tate in his bed for the night when we heard a frantic cry coming from the monitor. We both went up to see what was wrong. Lo and behold, there he was on his tummy looking up at us like "help me!" We turned him over and went back downstairs only to hear the same frantic cry a few minutes later. We took turns turning him over until he finally fell asleep.

The next day I broke out the sleep positioner. I hated to use it because I wanted to encourage his new activity, but I also wanted to encourage sleep! It worked for maybe 24 hours and then he was back to his old tricks of escaping the positioner and rolling to his tummy. So we returned to the old ways of turning him over, over and over again, until he fell asleep. Until one day I peeked in on him, and he was sleeping on his tummy! He has not mastered rolling from his tummy to his back so from now on, he is a tummy sleeper. (David and I are both stomach sleepers so we welcomed him to the club.) He has accepted this and falls asleep after protesting for just a minute or two.

Now, Tate cannot stay on his back. It's like he has this overwhelming feeling that he MUST turn over. Yet, he doesn't like being on his stomach so I'm not quite sure why he feels such a yearning. If you want to see his new trick, just put him on his back and immediately he will roll to his tummy. But since most of you cannot be here to see it, I took pictures of him in action and posted them below. Enjoy....










Tah-dah!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is just great!!!!! Awesome pictures!!!! He's getting to be such a big boy!!!