That pretty much describes our holiday season! We gathered with family in 3 different locations and everyone we knew seemed to have a cold. I'll try not to get too detailed, but wanted to share with you who we were with and when.
We started at our own house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This was the first time in 8 years of marriage that David and I were able to spend Christmas Day at our own house. My mom was able to join us for our celebration. However, she came down with a cold on Dec. 26th so her bonding time with Tate was over!
On Friday, the 26th, we drove to Franklin, Tn. to celebrate Christmas with my dad's family. My dad and my grandfather also had a cold and could not touch Tate, but at least they were able to be in the same room. We left to go home on Sunday, the 28th and found out that day that my aunt, Judy and cousin, McKenzie, also got sick. Thankfully, the three of us were still healthy.
Monday, Dec. 29th we spent at home doing laundry and regrouping for our trip to Orlando the following day. Yes, I know we're crazy, but on Tuesday, we DROVE to Orlando with a 3 1/2 month old. He actually did really well, but we got stuck in gridlock just outside of Orlando and a 10 hour trip turned into a 12 hour trip. Needless to say, we were all grouchy by the time we arrived. All of David's siblings and their families were there which only happens every 3 years or so. We had such a good time catching up and just hanging out. As you will see in the pictures below, it was wild and crazy time! There were 8 adults and 7 children staying in one house. David's brother's family live down the street so they had their own peace and quiet. We came home that Friday, Jan. 2 and the trip back was MUCH shorter. Tate was so good the entire time. Oh, and I forgot to mention that both of David's parents had colds while we were there. And on Thursday, David, as well as his niece, also began to get sick. So Tate and I got to ride in the car for 10 hours with a sneezing, coughing David. Still, thankfully, Tate and I were healthy.
...until Sunday. Now, I've got a cold. But amazingly, Tate is still healthy! Praise God! I don't know how, but he has dodged getting sick so far. Let's just hope he stays that way.
Below are some pictures from Tate's first Christmas. The first batch is of our time with my family at our house and at my aunt and uncle's house, and the second is of David's family. I know I posted way too many, but I just couldn't choose.
__________________________
This is my favorite picture from our time in Orlando. It is now a tradition to get a picture of all the grandkids with David's parents on the tractor.
Let me preface the following pictures by saying that we went to the "Lil 500" go-cart race track on New Year's Eve. This has become a favorite past time of the Hartley clan. And I forgot to mention we got to visit David Hilley (David's best friend since early childhood) and his family for a short while. David Hilley was also sick so we had to visit in the front yard. :)
The whole Hartley gang
Thanks to all who hosted us during the holidays. It was great to see you all. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment