On Saturday, Oct. 11th, David, Tate and I participated in the Race for the Cure. Race for the Cure is a 5k (3.1 miles) that helps raise awareness and money to aid in the fight against breast cancer. David's sister, Beth, is our ring leader every year and does a great job organizing our team, the "Magic City Miracles." I'm sure the "miracles" refer to the survivors that we race in honor of, but I think we're the miracles b/c it's a miracle we actually get out of bed and participate! No, we did not run the 5k...I bet for most of you, it never crossed your mind that I would even consider running it. :)
Tate got a race day t-shirt, thanks to his Aunt B.
Our 10-yr.-old niece, Mary Grace DID run the race with Beth and placed #3 in the 14 and under division with a time of 23min 18sec (only 48 seconds from #1). From what I hear, Beth could not keep up with her even though she is an avid runner herself. Way to beat your mom, girl!
Beth and Mary Grace with their BEAUTIFUL eyes (and faces).
1 comment:
Mandy and David- I can't tell you how much it means to us to see all of these pictures of Tate on your blog. Living 9 hours away is almost more than we can stand! We miss Tate so much (and you and David, of course)! Thanks for allowing us to "be" with him through your pictures. He is still the most adorable grandson EVER!!! Love, Pop and Mimi
Post a Comment