Sunday, January 16, 2011

Run, Stroziers, Run!

In December, our nieces Mary Grace and Katie competed in the National Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships.  It was crazy with around 3,000 athletes and all their screaming, not-afraid-to-knock-you-over-to-see-their-child-run-by parents.  I seriously had a (tall) grown man shove me out of the way with his elbow as he ran pass me.  I guess he thought my 5' 3" frame might hinder his view.  Anyway, I digress. These athletes came from all over the country.  Lucky for us, the championship races were here in Hoover.  Both girls did great and a picture of Katie even made it into the paper on the front page of the Hoover section!  (To see that picture, click here!)

Here's what the starting line looked like for Mary Grace's race.
 
Mary Grace on the left and Katie on the right.  Is it just me or are these girls gorgeous while running?


And look who made his way into the "protest tent."  (brother Sam)

And Tate wants to do whatever Sam does.

I told you the parents were nuts!


No comments: