I know it's been a while since I've blogged. I promise to post soon about our trip to Emerald Isle, NC, last month. But first, I have something far more important to tell you about.
I was reading a friend's blog yesterday and came across another blog. It's called Kisses From Katie/The Journey. (http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/) It astounded me to hear about a 20-yr-old woman from my hometown, Brentwood, TN, that is in Uganda taking care of orphaned children. If you've ever visited Brentwood, or just heard someone talking about it, you would realize that a teenager wanting to leave its posh life behind to take care of impoverished, sick children in Africa is a calling only God can provide. And providing He is doing. I want to explain it to you, but I could do it no justice. You must go to her blog and read two of her posts. The one dated Aug. 14th explains her journey over the past 2 years and the one from Aug. 26th tells of some of the heartbreak she deals with on a daily basis. I just sat at the computer crying, not able to fathom how she has the strength to carry on. Obviously, I know it's God carrying her through it, but it is just so hard to wrap my middle-class-Hoover-AL head around.
I've considered giving a donation to several causes before but never actually did it. This time, I could not imagine enjoying all the comforts of my house and "stuff" without at least contributing something. It almost makes me feel guilty to have a healthy happy child and plenty of money to raise him properly. But I know these things are a gift from the Lord and I'm very grateful. Unfortunately, not all are provided with the same luxuries.
Please go to the Amazima Ministries website (http://amazima.org/) or Katie's blog (http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/) and read about what she does. I promise it will touch you deeply. Oh, and have the tissues nearby.
No comments:
Post a Comment