Friday, November 14, 2008

Two Months Old and Earning His Wings...

...but not really because Delta is too cheap to give them out anymore!

Let me explain...We took a trip to see Pop and Mimi in NC last weekend. We chose to fly instead of taking the 10 hour drive. We have now been initiated into the take-everything-from-the-house-you-might-need-for-the-baby club. You should have seen us walking through the airport. David would carry the car seat and base cover like a backpack (see picture on right), while pushing the stroller with our two carryons and boppy pillow sitting inside. (We decided it was easier to use the stroller for our stuff than for Tate.) All I had to do was carry Tate. :) This is after we checked our two suitcases at the counter. I felt bad making David carry everything but he was gracious and told me he was practicing to be Super Dad. I think he no longer needs practice.

Tate did wonderfully on the planes, and we even had layovers both times. (Apparently, no one flies direct from B'ham to Raleigh anymore.) I had the boppy pillow in my lap and he laid on top. During takeoff and landing, I was nervously trying to put the passy in his mouth so it wouldn't hurt his ears, but he was sound asleep. I think the white noise on the plane is what lulled him to sleep.

I asked an attendant on the way home if Tate could get a set of wings. She informed me they do not make them anymore. What??? Not only did Delta quit serving snacks, but now no wings? What do they cost, 2 cents each? Sheesh! Charge me $3 more for my ticket just so I can get a decent snack and some wings, people! I will say that the attendants were very sorry they couldn't give him wings. Oh well, I guess a boarding pass and a picture will have to do.


Pop and Mimi were of course excited to see Tate. They bought him his first Glow Worm and gave it to him once we got there. After playing with it a few times, we noticed it looked similar to our child in his swaddle blanket. :) We've used it several more times at home while laying him down for a nap, so thanks, Pop and Mimi!

Our main reason for going on this trip was so that Lindsey and Jessica, Mandy's step-sisters, could meet Tate. Apparently, Lindsey was scheming to get there first so she could hold him before Jessica, who was driving up from Charlotte. Nothing like a little sisterly competition. Here is a picture of Tate with Lindsey. I'm sorry to say I didn't get a shot of him with Jessica. Tate also met his step-great grandparents and step-great aunt and uncle. This child has more family members than the Osmonds!

We had a really good time hanging out with family and showing off Tate. We managed to catch a few family photos before leaving for the airport. These two pictures were taken on Tate's two-month birthday.





2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Tate can have a pair of Finley's wings. We have around 6 pairs because everyone that saw us gave us a set. Go Northwest! I guess they will stop giving them out now that they have merged with Delta.

Maggie Pelton said...

Fun post! Congrats on the first big plane trip. I'd travel by air with a baby anyday over driving!! He's just precious! I love the gloworm picture!!