Friday, June 13, 2008

I knew I was sweet, but....

Unfortunately, I failed my first gestational diabetes test. It was a one-hour test in which I had to drink a very thick fruit punch and then get my blood tested an hour later. It had to be 140 or below and mine was 157. Now, next Thursday, I have to take a three-hour test. I'm not looking forward to it at all. To prepare for it, the nurse told me to pig out on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, making sure to eat 2 sugary snacks and dessert everyday (like that is going to be hard) and then start fasting Wednesday night. Thursday morning I go in to drink the fruit punch again and then they take my blood sugar every hour for three hours. What fun that will be. I guess I need to take some magazines and my Nintendo DS! Please pray I pass this second test. I don't want to think about the obstacles Tate and I will face if I do have gestational diabetes.

1 comment:

Maggie Pelton said...

Sorry you have to go through the 3 hr test! Yuck!! Thanks for sending me your blog. I'm excited to keep up. I love the name you've picked out. Tate is really cute!