Saturday, September 25, 2010

And He Does It Again...


Nice cabinet, huh?  My hubby made it!  We are always looking for more storage and wanted a slim cabinet for our kitchen.  We liked the Louis sideboard from Ballard Desings, but just didn't want to pay their prices.  (And we never can seem to find the time to go to Ballard's outlet in Atlanta.)  So, what do us Hartleys do?  We make it ourselves!

After looking through all my Ballard Designs and Pottery Barn catalogs, we finally came up with this design.  I am so proud of David.  He made every single bit of it (except for the hardware, of course :).  Here it is getting assembled...


It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it is a distressed sage green.  David primed it and painted the whole thing green first,


and then I took over with sanding it to make it look worn and distressed.



Lastly, I coated the whole thing with a brown stain, and then immediately rubbed it off.  And here is the finished project!





Not too shabby if you ask me!

No comments: