Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thank you, Mr. Hartley!

After almost 10 years of marriage, David and I finally have a dining table! And it's a very special dining table because David's dad hand-crafted it. We sent him a picture of a table I liked, ordered table legs for it, and he did all the rest. Amazing talent! It is solid black walnut and it is GORGEOUS! See for yourself....

Mr. Hartley with his creation.

It has 2 leaves and extends to seat 10+ people.

Tate got in on the assembly and even demanded his Granddaddy read him a book during the process.


Tate immediately deemed it safe enough to sit under...after all, his Granddaddy makes things to last!

Now the pressure is on to purchase chairs and furniture to match. Not to mention, I have to paint the walls and make curtains too...and I haven't sewn in at least 8 years. (I hate making bobbins!) Lots of work to be done but I am thrilled to finally have a place for a large group to eat dinner. Stay tuned for the finished room...but don't hold your breath, the curtains may take me awhile. ;o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that table is gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to see the finished room! I'm sure it will look spectacular!